July 03, 2007

ITALY!!!!

So it turns out that I did not havce enough time to keep a diary in Italy. So instead, I am just going to tell as much as I can in separate seperate can't remember how to spell it entries. I will do a different entry for each day.

So the first day. Mom and I got up early to take my Grandfather to the hospital for an appointment. Then we chilled at starbucks for an hour or two. Then we all met up and took a charter bus to the airport at Tampa, where mom and I parted ways. She went back to Massachusetts and I went on to Charlotte. From Charlotte, we flew Lufthansa to Munich. Oh my GOD. The flight took such a long time. It was kind of fun though..I couldn't sleep at all. People got some great photos of Maestro and Mr. Holt sleeping. Lucky guys, they could. The movies were Catch and Release and Freedom Writers, both of which are good-ish, but I had seen Catch and Release before and I cannot stand Hillary Swank. And there wasn't enough of Patrick Dempsey in Freedom Writers to counter balance Hillary. So we got into Munich and from there we flew to Florence and then took a bus into Montecatini Terme. We flew over night so we got there during like the early afternoon or something. We took a quick walking tour of Montecatini Terme.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then we went back to the hotel chilled and ate dinner.

Oh Man. The food was sooo bad. Like, really really terrible. It tastes like it comes out of a can. I mean, it isn't inedible, but I expected better from Italy, you know? Like, no fresh fruit in the mornings is in my opinion a sin at hotels in Europe. Other than that, the service was great, the people were very nice, they spoke English very well and the rooms were clean if not small. They were well kept and the location was nice. Not too far from down town, but not much car traffic, mostly just motor scooters going up and down the alleys which is annoying, but cannot be avoided when staying in anything but a farm house, generally. The first day was pretty un eventful.

I have to go eat home made strawberry buttermilk sorbet now (oh calamity).

Yes, my mom bought an ice cream maker. Dear God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And there wasn't enough of Patrick Dempsey in Freedom Writers to counter balance Hillary. "

Haha brilliant sarah.
I must talk with you soon.

Sarah said...

Indeed, my dear, we need to get in touch as soon as possible...

Patrick Braga said...

Enjoy your trip!