September 02, 2007

You know what I love?

Christmas. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays and I am not even Christian. I dont even bring in the customs like some people do. I just love Christmas. The holiday season is so amazing. That and fall are my two favorite times of the year. I love shopping around Christmas time. I love most Christmas music. Everybody is so forgiving and happy, and it is kind of sad, something about it is sad, too. Like..there is always that vibe that there are people outthere spending it alone (God, what a cliche...) and people who will commit suicide or something (Ok, not anymore, it's all good.). And then there are the movies. So many good movies. See what brought this on was I woke up listening to this song:

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

That would make anybody long for and feel depressed about the Holidays.

Once, my Dad had to get surgery in the winter, so we all flew up to Massachusetts because the best doctor we could find was there. It was originally just to visit him and see how he was but he was all, like, Hey, I have Christmas open, want to have the surgery then? And my parents said yes, because it made a lot of sense. So for the four days that they went in, I stayed with my cousin Lizzy and my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt's side of the family is Christian, and they (my cousin, aunt, and uncle) went up to celebrate Christmas with them. I was there, so they obviously dragged me with them. It was my first real Christmas experience, and it was a white Christmas. It was amazing. The family made me feel very at home. I had a whole stocking. It was really an amazing experience. And the snow! So beautiful.

We could get the same thing with Hannukah, but we don't. I think it is because we don't have any Jewish family around. And for the past few years, I have been in a Hebrew School that really isn't the right place for me. I never really felt right there, which may have been why some of the holiday stuff they did never really "did it" for me.

I really can't wait for the Holidays. For me, it is a whole string of happiness. I have my birthday in November, then Thanksgiving like a week later, then Hannukah, or Christmas, whichever comes first, and then New Year. Oh, and then there is Halloween a while before my birthday. So I guess from Halloween to the New Year and then the nice winter days in January and February and a little in March.

March always bugged me a little. I don't know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i loveee the holidays =] my sisters come and they sorta get annoyed a little cuz im the younger bro and all but we love each other and have sibling movie nightsss. we would probably stay up till wutever time watching the spongebob Sqarepants movie, like seriously. we would =] i love ur blogs, i dont even kno u and im happy i can kno u a little bit more and everything. hope we have a great year, u, melody and i.-Serg