August 08, 2007

On Cemetaries and Coyote Cubs and Mediterranean-style Pizza...

This morning I just had to ge out of the house. I am going a tad bit stir crazy...for example, last night I begged my dad to take me to the grocery store so that I could throw together a pizza...I had no recipe...turned out pretty good in the end...

So anyway, I had to get out of the house so I went for a walk in the cemetary near where I live. As I walked along, I saw what looked like a dead dog lying in the shade on the sidewalk. I whistled...it didnt do anything. I said "hey" and it sat up and walked away. It was kind of creepy but really awesome too. So I kept walking and when I got to the other side of the cemetary I saw another cub (it was different, this one looked skinier and had mange. I followed it back to where I saw the other one. It ran back into the forest and then I saw a woman get out of her car and follow it into the woods with a camera.. She said that she had seen them before and had called a woman in New York who ran a wildlife rehabilitation program, or something. The woman had asked for pictures just to confirm that they were coyote cubs. Apparently there had been two litters. One of the mothers of one of the litters had been shot. I have no idea what will happen to them. The poor things...

So yeah, I was walking in a cemetary. I love to do it. Especially when it is cold and gray and windy outside. Drama drama drama. Try it some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Sarah-
this is sarah from camp remember????
well i just got home and i was thinking of you cause i saw ur cousin- lizzy so any way email me or something cause we (me and audrey) miss ya
cool blog!