August 26, 2007

Want some depressing literature?

Look no further than the wikipedia explanation of John Lennon's Death.

I was bored, OK?

Here.


Oh Man. So John Lennon is sort of my new obsession. Like, I absolutely adore him, he was so incredible, in many ways, in out-there ness and in Musicality. MUSICAL GENIUS. Really. Just listen to Across the Universe! I am a little bit obsessed now. Great, another one to add to the list. So basically, reading about John Lennon and his acts and everything..it can be a bit repulsive but only in the best sense of the term. Yeah, he did a lot of stuff that I consider stupid, but it was stuff that contributed to who he was and his whole image. He seems to be te best example of superstars and insanely famous people putting their fame to work for peace. You see a bit of that these days, with the environmentalists in Hollywood, but really...It is nothing compared to all that Lennon did to try to bring about peace in this world.

I also read a book documenting a conversation between him, Yoko, and Swami Bhaktivedanta. It was called the Search for Liberation. They basically talk about how to achieve levels of upper conciousness, or the quest for holiness, I suppose. It is quite fascinating. I am slowly lending it out to many of my friends who wish to read it.

Good Night to you all.

No comments: