February 24, 2008

Disney and Oscars

Wow.  A lot has happened.  This weekend feels like one of the longest I've had in a while.  Yesterday, Morgan and I went on a school trip together to Epcot for the day.  It was great, we just roamed free!  No check ins or anything.  We did Soarin' which was amazing, I totally recommend it, Test Track (of course), and Spaceship Earth.  The rest of the time we wandered around in the Countries.
We got somewhat matching necklaces in Mexico and I got a henna tattoo in Morocco.  It cost a fortune, but when in Disney, pay Disney prices, right?  Something like that.  At least I didn't get the parasol in France..
It was a fun but exhausting day.  And I think that exhaustion is kicking in now, as I type.  Just in time for the new week, ain't I lucky?

This evening, I unfortunately was unable to watch the end because I got sent to bed, but I caught the majority of the 80th Academy Awards.  Dad thinks Im silly for watching, but I get such a thrill from it, it's so weird.  They have these little flashback montages of winners in the past 79 (in this case) years, and seeing that gets to me.  It's my favorite part.  Makes me happy.  This time it sort of made me want to cry, but I have no clue why.  

Also, this is the first year that I have watched and really wished that some day I would be up there.  I watched Marion Cotillard go up for Best Actress in La Vie en Rose. It was her first nomination, I believe, and she obviously won.  She was shaking and crying and everything, it was wonderful.  And that's really what I would love to do some day.  When I saw that it all came to me..usually I am one way or the other: I can do this or Holy crap, I wont pull this off.  Tonight it was this..possibility but at the same time, this place that is so far off in the distance.

We'll see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And some Oscar quotes:

Jessica Yu, Best Short Subject Documentary, 1997 Academy Awards
"What a thrill. You know you've entered new territory when you realize that your outfit cost more than your film."

Humphrey Bogart, 1951 Academy Awards
"The only way to find the best actor would be to let everybody play Hamlet and let the best man win."

Good night, everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the epcot pics, loved them, I never knew there was all that much there, surprised me. As for the awards I didn't get to watch it either. oh well there is always the E channel. Great quotes!