February 18, 2008

Four Day Weekend

The much awaited four day weekend of Presidents Day finally came.  I had a pretty good time.  Here's is what happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1 (aka Friday):
I woke up sort of late.  I did some work, homework music etc.  Then I met up with Jen and Dan downtown again and we hung out at Patellini's for lunch.  Dan was being all grumpy, so he went back to the library after we had walked down main street.  In the meantime, Jen and I went to the toy store (at my request).  There, we got the great idea to buy facepaint.  The guy at the store was very helpful.  He showed us all the funny little toy things like the smoking baby, Marie Antoinette action figure with spring loaded head (that one was probably my favorite), all the special edition ugly dolls, etc.  So we ended up just buying a bright orange face paint marker thing.  Not too much mess although it took a few tries on my hand to get the consistancy right..  Jen and I painted each others' faces.  We each had a drawing on the middle of our foreheads (mine was a star, hers a heart), then we had dots on either side of that, then war paint under our eyes, dots on our noses and chins, and then Jen had a choker necklace of dots, and I ended up with a HUGE "S!" on my side (it was payback).  We tried to get Dan, but he was all NO.  Silly boy.  Then the three of us hung out and had tickle fights at 5 point park.  Afterwards, they walked me to Opera and then left.  At opera everybody was like, wow, where have you been, because of the facepaint, you know.  It was great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2 (aka Saturday):
Tres boring.  I pretty much did homework all day, again, after a late start.  I wanted to finish that day.  I didn't.  Anyway, later, Mom and I went on a bike ride, and I swear, I hadn't ridden that bike in like...a year.  My butt still hurts a bit when I sit down.  It was fun though.  And it burned mucho calories, I am sure, which was good since I pigged out last night (but you'll hear about that later).  So now here comes the exciting part (I guess..).  After riding my bike, my legs pretty much couldn't hold me anymore; they had forgotten how to move in order to walk.  So I plopped down on the couch for the next...maybe 4-5 hours?  I know, disgusting, right?  When I went to bed, I had such a headache...it was gross.  I mean, not THAT bad.  But pretty bad.  Took a tylenol and went to sleep.  At 3 AM I woke up with the feeling that somebody was hammering a nail into my head.  It was probably the worst headache I have ever had.  I think it was from clenching my jaw (something Mama sometimes has trouble with in her sleep).  It was BAAAD.  Finally, I got back to sleep with the heat pack on my face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 3 (aka Sunday):
Woke up pretty nice and early (I mean, if ten is early..) and did homework.  I needed to do all my work because Dani was coming over for a sleepover that night.  Uneventful.  So she got here at four, then we went out shopping for food and to rent two movies.  I was so indecisive about what to get to eat, it was hilarious.  We ended up getting frozen pizza and chex mix.  The movies...we were supposed to watch four Heath Ledger movies, to sort of commemorate him etc etc but we only got through like 2 and a half.  We watched A Knight's Tale (neither of us had seen it), The Brothers Grimm (I'd never seen and she only once), and part of Casanova (an old favorite).  The one's I hadn't seen were pretty good.  Both a little....you know I mean they were sort of stupid, The Brothers Grimm in particular, but I still loved them.  It was bittersweet to see Ledger work.  Then we went to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 4 (aka Monday aka Today):
Woke up around 8, went out to breakfast (french toast made by Mama, totally delicious), then watched part of Casanova.  Then Dani's mom came and picked her up.  I set to tidying up some last things, reorganizing my purse and restocking the lead in my pencils and the paper in my notebooks.  It felt good to have that done.  Then I cleaned windows and dusted (we have a realtor's open house tomorrow, early).  My sister and her two sons are coming in this evening.  Well, tonight really.  They'll be here between 9 and 10.  I sort of have a hankering to meet a friend at Barnes and Noble later...we'll see what happens.

Oh, as I was cleaning windows this morning, a snake slithered up to my foot.  I didnt notice it and almost stepped on it, it got all up and hissy.  I gasped and jumped inside and slammed the door shut.  Mom was all what happened so I told her.  She was surprised that I didn't scream.  I don't really scream at things though...not that I cant be surprised.  I just jump, or gasp, or something like that.

Screaming is most unladylike.

And quote for the day:
"I want to die sleeping like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passangers in his car.."-Will Shriner
Morbid, isn't it?

No comments: