February 09, 2008

Soaring with Strawberries

I'm writing this entry over the few hours of baby sitting, so some of the new paragraphs will seem really random. It's probably because it was something I came up with 30-40 minutes after the last few paragraphs had been typed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have I ever told you how much I love strawberries? I was just watching Across the Universe today and in the scene where he pins the strawberries to the canvas I was just...my mouth was totally watering. It was great. Now, whenever I see strawberries Im like WANT.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've recently been doing some deep thinking about my ideal friend, boyfriend, life, home, etc. etc. My ideal movie. And what's funny is that I think book that I am reading completely embodies my ideal movie. It has courtly behavior, charm, manipulation, power, historical dresses, love, and magic! How perfect, right? Unfortunately, they are already making a movie of the book soon, before I get to the hollywood scene. Too bad, eh? But we'll see, we'll see. Maybe it will fall through.

So in thinking about my ideal movie, I got to thinking about why I really want to do movies so much, why am I so intent about it? What about acting in movies is so appealing? Why movies over theatre? I have been in operas, and love the stage, so why should I prefer something somehow less personal in a way? I would answer some of these but I think I need a few more days to really mull over things and figure out good, sufficient, and worthy answers.

Having written this entry, I've realized what I'm doing with my time from now to the end of the year...I'm really working on getting everything. Getting myself. It's really sort of...not fun. Fun is not the right word. Great. Like I said, I don't know the right word...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jam sessions! That's something I've REALLY been craving. Just getting together and playing music and singing and everything...what sucks is most of my friends aren't EXACTLY the jam session type, hehe...but we'll see. Maybe something will come together. Fate has a weird way with such things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love to sing. Just...soaring. Not necessarily opera. I was just singing along with some of the songs on the Across the Universe soundtrack...just have your sweet clear high voice flying over the land. Here is my imagination at work: I'm standing in a wheat field or something. All is golden, but for the sky, which is a beautiful shade of blue. The clouds are big and fluffy. And I'm singing. It starts with you just seeing me, but then you notice more people sort of emerging, as if out of the ground itself. You hear the beautiful harmonies. I don't really know what song we're singing. Something similar to Because, by the Beatles. It's beautiful. Enchanting.

Yeah, see those are the kinds of images I see that make me want to do movies and acting. To bring that kind of imagination to life. I would draw it but I can't draw to save my life, so. That's out of the picture..

I want to take a drawing class when I go to Deerfield, though. That would be really fun. I think it's something people should be able to do. I have heard that once you can really draw well, you view the world a different way. I suppose that's how it would be with any art. Everything seems like a dance, or a scene from a play or a movie, or a painting. You could even go so far as to say that the rumbling of the subway on its track is like the resonance of the low notes on a cello or a bass.

No comments: