October 27, 2007

Aaaah, geek-hood...

So I am most definitely a geek for a number of reasons. The only one necessary for this post is that I am totally in love with the Lord of the Rings books. I mentioned in a post a while ago that the composer of the opera we are doing at the end of the year (The Hobbit) is a totally awesome geek, adn that he looked up the elven-tongue language to write some songs from the opera in it. So I, being me, did some research and I found the name of the language is Sindarin. It is the language that the elves adopted when they came to middle earth. Before that, they spoke quenya, which in their opinion is more beautiful. Anywho, I was looking for pictures of the runes that sindarin is written with, and I found this picture...



I said to myself, if I thought I was a geek, I was nowhere near where these peopel are. This is apparently a picture from http://www.tolkiensociety.com/. The woman is teaching these people how to speak sindarin.

"Pedich i lam edhellen? I eneth nin Riwen Craban Rovan-Hu."
which means...
Do you speak Elvish? My name is Crowned Maiden Raven Wild Dog."

Ok so, what I did was Sarah means princess right? So there you go, crowned maiden. Then my middle name means raven, and my last name came originally from wolfovitch, so I just took wolf and i couldnt find wolf so I made it wild dog.

Man, I think I have too much free time on my hands, or something..

No comments: