December 25, 2007

Christmas

So again, it is Christmas. Nothing is open, and being a Jew, I just sit around. Today I'm working on my application to Deerfield. It's really exciting this whole application. It's due on January 15th, so I am almost done with it, after that I am pretty much free to do what i want (any old time). I mean, obviously i want to end the year with all As, but I can just sort of...relax a bit, you know? I've been under so much stress lately with this whole application thing. To have it off my back....it'll be grand.

So here I am, sitting blogging in my Pajamas drinking a cafe au lait thanks to my mum. I've been feeling more and more like I did over the summer, how I want to just fastforward to where I go to college and start to have my own life. Or at least until I get a car. The whole...freedom thing. I guess it's because i am feeling over protected these days. For example, my mum doesn't want me to see Sweeney Todd because she thinks it's too violent. Violence. It's what I've grown up with, Im used to it, it hardly fazes me. Plus, with Sweeney Todd, I honestly think it will be artistic blood use, seeing as it is Tim Burton. Stylized?

OK, so to add to the list of what I am doing, I am now listening to Christmas music. I do love Christmas. I mean, sure, I don't believe in the whole story, but the commercial element. I wonder if I would have liked to be raised with Christmas. But I don't think so. I mean yeah, it's great but it seems like much more of a burden than Hannukah. I'll just continue to enjoy it from the outside. Which is good enough for me.

Happy Christmas to all who celebrate it.

No comments: