December 30, 2007

Family in town and impulsive bowling.

The other night was wonderfully fun. Began with watching my cousin playing Spyro on Playstation. Yes, the old spyro. Then we were just sitting around eating and talking about the craziest stuff...making fun of each other, being crazy. Then my oldest cousin's girlfriend came up with this idea that we would go bowling. This all went down at my Mom's cousin's house. Now, none of us had socks. We had to go to Target to buy socks, so we all picked some out and then we also got some for the guys, who had stayed in the car.
So we went bowling. It was so much fun. Totally hillarious. The girls and I were dancing and crazy and I was terrible, absolutely terrible, but there was this one turn i took where i was channeling some...bowling God or something, and i hit like...9 pins. Then it went back to normal and I sucked again.
After all this Katie and Jess slept over at my house and K and I knitted and sat around and talked and Jess went to sleep early. It was good.


Then today. Today, we went canoeing. Now, I had never really gone canoing before (how on earth do you spell canoing...) and so when my cousin and I got into the boat and had to row back across the widest part of the lake against the wind, all did not go well. Katie and I started yelling at each other and got really pissed. Before all this, we had been rowing along singing and zig zagging and at one point we were pushing of the ground because it was too shallow for us to paddle otherwise...but so we were yelling at each other and rowing across this lake..it was intense. We had lunch, which was ok, but heavy and then we went to see Sweeney Todd. As you know from my previous post, I loved this movie. Loved. They...did not. I felt really bad because i sort of dragged them into seeing it..and it sucked because..well whatever. It didnt go as planned. Today wasnt so great. Maybe we are all getting sick of each other. But either way, I am knitting a scarf for myself and it is coming along nicely.

I've recently been feeling more of my old romantic...whatevers. Now that I have pretty much finished my Application to Deerfield, I feel like I can devote more attention to somebody. The only thing that gets in the way is that right now I am feeling a little like everybody hates me, and damn that sounds really stupid, but I just feel...out of favor. Ah well, what can one do. And now I have a really...depressed cynical feeling that the next semester is going to be terribly boring. I mean, what is going to happen in such a time, and then Im leaving. God. I am depressed tonight. Dammit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Give me a man who is man enough to give himself just to the woman who is worth him. If I were that woman I would love him alone and forever.'
-Francesca Bruni (played by Sienna Miller) in the movie Casanova

No comments: